Welcome

Sometimes we just say things. But because that name was taken, now we have this site to tie us over and explain our thoughts without interruption. Enjoy...or don't I suppose.







Saturday, February 5, 2011

Running Rambling - Second Half

Welcome back. Hopefully you haven't completely written this blog off as complete bullocks yet, but glad you're back...all 6 of you. Here's a little something for trudging through with me, enjoy.
18:50 Second Half - Ubel just fouled Morningstar while he was shooting a 3. Thankfully it missed so we didn't have to deal with something like this. Only down by 5 right now (44-39) so let's see if the Huskers can change their luck.
15:40 Second Half - Terrible call against Diaz blocking Morris' shot. The fans are seething and I can't tell if it's because of the call or the fact that Nebraska never has figured out how to play basketball at a Division I level. It's probably because our inefficiency that has caused me to never truly embrace college basketball and just be a fan of the NBA. Down by 11 no and I'm pretty sure most of Lawrence has started the Rock Chalk Chant.
14:38 Second Half - OK, seriously let's talk about something for a second - what in the blue hell is up with the horn/horn operator?! Not only does it sound like it was borrowed from the local YMCA but the operator sounds like he really wants to get involved in the game and be a prominent feature - "do you remember that game the horn wouldn't stop blowing? Yeah dude, totally me". As far as I'm concerned, this will be my main focal point of the game. Pretty soon he's going to be playing 'shave and a hair cut - two bits' with the damn thing. Nice catch Evan and Jayme, you both appreciate the simple things like myself. So here's a video for you.
13:43 Second Half - It's been about a minute and I've heard 19 horn blows. This might be my new favorite betting game involving Nebraska basketball. I think the over/under is set at 119.5, who's in?
10:55 Second Half - Kansas is up by 11 and the horn operator is going gangbusters. It's comparable to the kids in the late 90's/early 2000's that brought laser pointers to WWE shows and ruined every shoot and interview, as well as Kane's retinas. I wish I could find a video that really encompassed this but, I've been searching to no alas. You'll just have to take my word for it as I've let you down. I feel like I need to make a Tim Tebow promise to make up for it. It won't happen again, Creeper nation.
6:55 Second Half - I can't lie, I'm starting to run out of steam blogging about a live game but I'm going to push through, to fulfill my promise. The game has most definitely started to slip away as it's a 16 point KU lead at this time. Couldn't say I didn't see this coming but at least I know that if you are reading this, I'm not alone in wasting time watching the game.
3:55 Second Half - We're getting dangerously close to a 20-point blowout here and I'm half expecting the traveling KU faithful to start the Rock Chalk Chant anytime now. After a made Nebraska free throw, we just have 3 horn blows. If this was a kept stat, I'm pretty sure Nebraska would lead the nation. For a conservative state, we're pretty liberal with the horn. We use the horn like the refs used the whistle during the Malice at the Palace when Ron Artest went into the stands.
2:22 Second Half - Two weeks ago, Kansas Forward Thomas Robinson lost his 38-year old mother to a heart attack. It's a sad story for anyone but it makes it worse he's in the national spotlight trying to recover. The Jayhawks have a patch on their jerseys in remembrance toward Robinson's mother and during free throws I've seen three players pat their chest where the patch is as a symbol of strength in family. Pretty touching tribute and I just wanted to point out the respect.

While there is still a minute or so left in the game, I'm ending it here. The last 2 minutes of any basketball game takes about 20 real time minutes and I have to get off my keester and get to the grocery store. Thanks to the 6 of you that read along, keep the emails/texts/messages coming. I'll give you shout outs and post any (appropriate) videos. Until next time.

Your Favorite,
Cody

1 comment:

  1. Loved the cat treadmill video. Your favorite zombie-holic & I were cracking up. Also, we've been readin damnyouautocorrect.com all day and crying from laughing so hard. Something you may want to incorporate into your blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete