Welcome

Sometimes we just say things. But because that name was taken, now we have this site to tie us over and explain our thoughts without interruption. Enjoy...or don't I suppose.







Saturday, February 5, 2011

Running Rambling - First Half

What's up my Creeps? Today I felt like doing something special and we'll see if it comes to fruition but I'm originally from Nebraska and wound up going to The University of Kansas. I will always bleed scarlet and cream for the Huskers because I don't switch my allegiance. You dance with the girl that brought you as far as I'm concerned. Because of some summer shenanigans, Nebraska will be taking it's talents to the Big Ten (12, right? No Ten) next season and today is the last regular season conference game between the Huskers and the Jayhawks. I figured what better way to celebrate this occasion with a real-time running rambling. There's a good chance the game will be a blowout and at that time it could make this idea inane...much like any other idea I've ever had, so here we go...
20:00 First Half - Nebraska wins the tip. Three of Nebraska's starters are wearing knee high socks which seems like a great idea. It's a classy look and really says "we play great 1950's basketball". We might have a chance based on the fact that we look like Keith Van Horn...oh wait...turnover and now we're down 2-0, there goes the shut-out.
18:32 First Half - Doug Funny, no wait, I mean Brady Morningstar burries a three. 5-0. At this point, I'm making a grocery list. Is there any worst time to need to go to the grocery store than Super Bowl weekend? I literally have no food in my house and my lunch consisted of Ritz crackers and cheese with a dessert of popcorn. I'm making a list as I'm typing but dreading going to the store. Going to the grocery store is on my top 5 Least Favorite Activities list right above working on the weekends.
15:39 First Half - Nebraska is down 9-8 and they are looking like a team with good energy and motivation. It's also 3:11pm which reminds me of the band from Omaha. Remember when they were not so drugged out? That was fun except for all the alien overtones on their self titled album kind of made me nervous because of my full-fledged belief in aliens. I thought they knew something I didn't about upcoming events. Remember right after New Years when all those birds were dropping from the sky and the fish were dying in Arkansas? It gave me a creepy feeling that alien spaceships were cloaked with invisibility and birds had flown into the ships like in Signs and The Happening. I listened to 311 a lot that week while wearing a foil hat. If I go missing next week, please let everyone know that it was the work of aliens.
11:17 First Half - KU just called a time out after Nebraska went on a 7 point run to make it 20-17. I know I've been doing a lot of joking about 6 people reading this blog, and yes I do appreciate the texts and messages, but I checked the stats and this past week, we had 104 new page views which is truly amazing. I hope to keep bringing you new and interesting ideas along with a few laughs. I'm dedicated to wasting my time  updating this blog weekly with new randomness so I hope you're all ready my Creeps. Keep checking back weekly and spreading the word. As always, contact me here or here.
9:02 First Half - Double Technical assessed on McMorris from KU and Diaz from Nebraska. Just like Morris and my buddy Scotty, I am not a fan of most European players, especially Spaniards. They seem to be the biggest floppers (See Ricky Rubio and Pau Gasol). Maybe a hug would smooth things over except that halfway through the hug, Diaz would be on the floor from too much contact.
6:05 First Half - I can honestly say that I do not like doing running diaries of sports as I'm sure you're tired of reading it. By the time I think of something interesting, I have to update the action. Almeida (#32 on Nebraska) is a big lackadaisical presence in the middle. It's only fitting that he's wearing high socks and gets winded after three trips up the court. Like I said, they have been inspired by Keith Van Horn, which I'm convinced is a bad sign. I think if there was ever a video you'd want to play on the jumbo tron to inspire a comeback for your team, it would most definitely be this, right? I'm inspired. Do work.
Half Time - After a hard fought first half, the score is 42-34, KU. Since I need to do something productive today and I'm still delaying the grocery store run, I'm going to take out the garbage and unload the dishwasher. During the halftime break, feel free to check this out. Be back shortly.

Your Favorite,
Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment