Welcome

Sometimes we just say things. But because that name was taken, now we have this site to tie us over and explain our thoughts without interruption. Enjoy...or don't I suppose.







Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Highly Doubt That

Before I begin, I should state there's been a slight change in the formula. I saw what my brother was doing so now I have jumped on board.

There is a time and a place to stand out, be yourself, and be defiant. This is not one of those times. So I was in the computer lab of the local community college alternating between doing actual schoolwork and getting distracted by Wikipedia, when I hear a woman behind me answer her cell phone. Normally this wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that there are numerous "Please do not talk on cell phones" posters all around the room. Problem number two is that she is talking in a slightly louder than normal volume on the phone with me sitting right behind her. While trying to block her out I eventually hear this woman say, "Well if I was white I know they would've bought my book back!" WTF?

Let's be honest, thats a ballsy move. While I really wanted to be mad as this woman, (she IS on the phone when signs politely ask her not to be) I really did feel for her. Afterall, the college didn't buy one of my books back but they just straight up told me it was because I'm white.

-In Chad We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment