Welcome

Sometimes we just say things. But because that name was taken, now we have this site to tie us over and explain our thoughts without interruption. Enjoy...or don't I suppose.







Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re: Sheer Jealousy

I will counter Cody's story with one of my own, one he was semi involved with. In his glorious fashion:

**Spoiler: My face wreaked of sweat and it was all I could smell for hours**

Our family had taken an outing to a Royals game and after the game they gave kids the opportunity to run the bases. So naturally Cody and myself begged our parents to let us do this. They agreed so we excitedly get in line and wait our turn to run the bases. This isn't anything fancy, after all, we are just literally running around the basepath but to us kids it was amazing.

Waiting for us at home plate was the mascot Slugger , who had recently been introduced. Running bases + Slugger = childhood memory.......right? Yes but for the wrong reason.
Get off the basepath if you see this bastard
Cody goes first and I follow. We are kind of racing around the bases and I keep up for the most part. Slugger is high-fiving all the kids the cross home plate, and Cody finishes first. Cody is several inches taller than me and the kid behind me must have been taller than me as well because I didn't get a high-five. As Slugger high-fives Cody, I follow a step or two behind him but Slugger just raises his hand higher and BAM! I got clotheslined by Slugger, while not knocking my off my feet my head snapped back by taking a wristband to the face. My face wreaked of sweat and it was all I could smell for hours.

-In Chad We Trust 

No comments:

Post a Comment