Welcome

Sometimes we just say things. But because that name was taken, now we have this site to tie us over and explain our thoughts without interruption. Enjoy...or don't I suppose.







Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back Again

And so here we are. Apparently I took a 4 month hiatus unannounced.Well guess what, I'm back and it feels great. I felt it was time to dust off the blog and actually be diligent about it. I feel like it's time that I do a weekly post maybe throw in a contest or two, bring guest bloggers in, post pictures, and who knows, actually bring something to the table - MAYBE. The time is right for something new...or in this case something new that was already in existence for a month and was neglected only to be revived. So what better way to kick it off with what is the first installment of "Spit Ballin'". (Side note, I just had to call my buddy Hogan for this word, props).

- It sends shivers down my spine when I see a possum in the road at night and it bothers me late into the night. Possums scare me
- If there was ever a more unique time it would most definitely have to be the 90's. Gangsta rap meant shooting your former friends and then dressing up like this but then showing up to court like this while moonlighting as a poet, actor, and ballet dancer.
- Wet bread ruins my day. Even if it's a lone piece left behind from a picnic and it's slightly moist, it really just bums me out. If I was a duck, I don't know if I could ever truly be happy. People would toss your bread directly into the water and expect you to be happy.
- If you have red hair, I'm sorry, but I just want to pat you on the shoulder and say "It's OK, not everyone can be good at basketball"
- What ever happened to Lee Dungarees? Those were a reputable brand in the denim game. Speaking of denim, has anything fallen off the planet faster than carpenter jeans with the hammer loop? I have yet to see a carpenter wear them. Anyone know a carpenter that wears them? Let me know.
- Home Depot makes me want to break things. I recently went with my buddies Evan and Hogan and the entire time that we were there I kept thinking to myself "Wow, that's a great deal on overhead lighting. I want to hit it with a hammer"
- It bugs me when people end their sentences with 'ever'. It makes the sentence feel pretentious.
- 3 South was the best MTV show until Teen Mom. Ed was the man . The opening credits had a road cone with a tube sock on top of it. When I moved out to go to college, Chad gave me a replica and it was the best gift ever. See, didn't that sound pretentious?
- I find myself caring more about uniforms than ever before. If you feel the way I do, then this site is for you http://www.uniwatchblog.com/
- Do you remember The Darkness? They were fun right?
- Things that our kids will never get to enjoy; ordering CD's from Columbia House, CD's in general, Duck Hunt, standard definition television, floppy disks, blowing on a video game to make it work, encyclopedias, writing checks to yourself to get cash out of the bank, paper maps, rotary telephones, cursive writing, not knowing who was actually calling you, proper punctuation and learning proper punctuation rules without autocorrect, and sending away film to be developed.
- I would be much more offended if during trash talk someone called me a 'ninny' than a 'bitch'. I think the b-word has lost it's luster and spot along the other naughty words. Speaking of bad words, why is 'hole' bleeped on television when calling someone an a-hole? Shouldn't 'ass' be bleeped?

That's all I've got for tonight. I'm really feeling a grilled cheese sandwich right now. If you all have any ideas, stories, comments, video of the week suggestion - let me know. Until next week (do people say that anymore? Either way, that's how I'm ending every blog from now on - a sentence fragment).

Your Favorite,
Cody
Here's your video of the week: Turn it up really loud - you're welcome

1 comment:

  1. Take it from a professional Cody, they are actually Opossums... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete